Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bread, cinnamon rolls, & baking mix

I've been feeling too lazy lately to grind wheatberries for whole wheat flour, but I got everything out and just ate that frog!  (I'm referencing a book I read recently: Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time)  I actually ground extra flour so that I would have enough for everything:  a homemade baking mix to freeze for making waffles and biscuits, homemade whole wheat bread, plus fresh cinnamon rolls using the aforementioned baking mix.  My Baker Bug helper and I actually got all of this accomplished today. 

I ground outside because it's loud and somewhat messy


This will be the cinnamon rolls plus my youngest's "baby one"
We couldn't believe how "perfect" these looked


I took this pic of the final product










My Tie-Dyed Rainbow daughter took this better shot of the final product
She enjoyed her baby cinnamon roll
I took this of the bread cooling


Tie-Dyed Rainbow took this better shot as well
This did not take but a few hours total, and there was a lot of time to do other things (during rising and baking time) like laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, and potty-training the little one (I have lots of excitement in my life).  I'll try to put these recipes on here soon.  But if not, I'll at least link to my Baker Bug's blog where she'll surely have these up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment